Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Well we have received a lot of news lately about the baby. I will start with the good news because that is what we are trying to focus on. The really good news is that Brett and I were very blessed to be able to make a baby and allow a sweet spirit from heaven to recieve a body. We have been blessed with a very supportive family and set of friend and we have very much felt their love and prayers the past month. Now for the bad news...Last month we found out the our baby had triploidy. This is a disease where the baby gets and extra set of chromosomes. So instead of having 46, our baby has 69 chromosomes. Because of this our sweet baby's brain did not develop properly, and also there are some complications with her heart. She is not developing at the rate that she needs to because her nervous system is not working properly. So all that said, I am still pregnant, but we don't know how long exactly I will be. The doctor said I could miscarry any time, or I could carry to full term and she will be a stillborn. Yes this is extremely sad new, but right from the first sign that something could be wrong we have been praying like CRAZY. Heavenly Father has comforted us so much. I don't know how I could have gotten through any of this without His comfort and the prayers from others. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for answering our prayers.

I'm telling this now because really only a lot of my close friends know, and it is hard to keep pretending that everything is ok. So we will just keep going day to day to see how the baby is doing. One miraculous thing is that I can feel her moving all the time. It is my favorite thing ever. Every time I feel her kick I feel so happy and so connected to her. Even through this huge trial, we really do feel blessed in some way from this. It has really given me and Brett a chance to grow closer, we have see the love and support from our family and friends, and we have seen our relationship with Heavenly Father grow even stronger. We figure right now that we know something bad is going to happen, but everything right now is just fine, so we are trying to stay positive.

Here is a picture of me at 24 weeks.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jen and Joel said...

Steph, I love you so much and hope that I have the spiritual strength that you do someday. You are such an amazing person and example to me. I am always here for you. I love you so much.

George and Teri said...

Oh Steph, I love you so much and am so amazed at your strength and the way you and Brett are handling everything. We will be with you and Brett every step of the way and continue praying for you both and little baby girl Fromm. Love Mom

Amy Miller said...

Oh Steph! I am so sorry! Your faith and strength is truly amazing to me. Hold onto it and please let me know what I can do for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

sarah jean said...

steph, i love you so much. i am praying for you every night. you have blessed my life so much, and are such an amazing person. i admire your faith. i know sometimes things dont make sense but i know that Heavenly Father loves you and Brett and your girls and that your life will be blessed because of this trial. please call me anytime.love ya tons!!!

GeGe Denise said...

Steph and Brett,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...I am so touched by what you have written...

Denise and Denny

Spakouskys said...

There is power in prayer and the Lord will carry you through this. My heart is with you, your family, and that sweet little one.

Kimberly said...

Steph,
You are such an example to me. I love you so much. I truly could't ask for a better sister or best friend.