Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

So last week the Fromm Family took an adventure to the great state of California. Of course we tried to do this trip as cheap as we could, so we decided to drive down. Yeah, it is a little crazy, but it was fun. We were actually able to do a lot of things because we drove. We spent some time at the Redwood Forrest, spent a day at Venic Beach, saw my wonderful and very missed best friend Jen Martin (Jolley), went to Magic Mountain, and spent a day in San Francisco. Of course the biggest point of us going on this trip was to go to DISNEYLAND! Here are all the pictures of our wonderful trip.

Here is San Francisco. I planned for us to spend a lot of time at Peir 39, but it was pouring down rain ALL DAY LONG. Were able to get outside for a little while, but we didn't have an umbrella so we also spent a lot of time driving around. The city was amazing to me. I could never live in a city with that many hills. I just kept thinking, "What do the runners do. I would be able to last one hill and be done." But it was pretty cool to see. Then later that night we went to a Giants game (still in the rain). Brett is a huge fan, and I thought it was pretty cool to be at a major league game.

Here is Disneyland. We were there for two days. The first day Jimmy and his friend Justin met us there. We all had so much fun. I think our favorite ride was Splash Mountain. We rode it so many times. It was fun but it was also so tiring. Each day we were completely done by like 7:30.
Venice Beach. I remember going here when I was younger, so I thought the girls might like it. Makenna absolutely loved the ocean. She kept running back and forth chasing the waves. It was so cute. Kyra really liked all the shops. She also spent a lot of time collecting sea shells. This definitely wasn't Brett's facorite part of the trip, but it was a good break for him to get out of the car.


This was my favorite part of the trip, the Redwood Forrest. It was absolutely amazing. This was my first time seeing them. There was one point really early in the morning when we were driving and you could see the ocean on one side and the other side were all the huge redwoods. I loved it.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

George and Teri said...

Awsome pictures Steph...loved the one with the trees and the beach, those turned out really well. Can't wait to see you on Sunday. Love Mom

Christian said...

I'm surprise Kyra let you take so many pictures!! It looks like you guys had a blast. This is from Beth, Christian was signed on here!

Anonymous said...

I am soo jealous I want to take Maverick to Disneyland so bad! Your pictures are so cute! I can't believe how old the girls are getting! Kyra looks like a teenager!

Mindi said...

Looks like a fun trip. I have always wanted to do that exact trip but my husband doesn' want to do the Disneyland trip until Jack is bigger...who can blame him! Looks so fun though! Cute pics!

Phill and Jessica said...

Hi! My name is Jessica Stevens (used to be McCain) and I am completely excited over here because I just figured out that Brett must be fairly good friends with my cousins, the Hendricksons! I was good friends with James at CBC and when he changed his number I lost him forever! I didn't even get to send him a wedding invitation because I didn't have an address! Does James have a blogspot? Or an e-mail for cryin' out loud?! I loved that guy and then he fell off the face of the earth! I'm so excited that I found his brother! Yay! My e-mail is jmac_160@yahoo.com and if you could tell me anything about James that would be great! Again, it's Jessica and I played volleyball at CBC! Thanks so much! You're family is beautiful Brett!

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had a great time. Good family memories. Why is Brett wearing a tie on vacation to the Redwoods!?!??!?! Love you