Sunday, May 31, 2009

Little Miss Suzy Homemaker

Well, that is what I felt like this afternoon. I came home from church and decided that it would be a great idea to make some homemade bread. Now, I don't have a bread maker and I have never made bread before, so it was definitely an interseting experience. I thought I did ok until I called Gloria afterwards to ask her if I did everything ok and she mentioned that I am was supposed to knead the dough for about 10 minutes....um, definitely did not do that. Oh well, it still turned out ok. Kyra had a lot of fun helping me and even decided to make her own little loaf (which really looked like a roll). Of course we got into a little bit of a flour fight, but it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with the girls.

Kyra after I threw flour all over her.

Me and my beautiful first loaf of homemade bread. This picture will have to be scrapbooked.

Kyra's little loaf



So then after the bread was made I decided to get a little crafty. Brett has been asking me to make a Family Home Evening chart for a while no w. See it is pretty much impossible to get Kyra to do anything that is involved with FHE, so we have the idea that if her name is put on a little hook that says she is in charge of that responsibility, then she will be a tiny bit more apt do it. We will see. I can't wait to put a couple more names on those hooks!

2 comments:

Jen and Joel said...

Steph...I love your board. It turned out so cute. And great job on the bread.

George and Teri said...

You go girl on your homemade bread...good job! I wish I could have met you down at the lake but I just had to much to do! Looks like you had fun!! Love you