Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No Rest for the Weary

The sun is starting to shine, the flowers have been budding, and that means that it is time for me to get out in my yard and do some work. When we bought this house it was winter time, so we didn't get to see the absolute mess of a yard that was outside our house. Last year I attempted to do a vegetable garden and it turned out ok, but this year we are putting a lot more work into the yard. Gloria came over two weeks ago and gave me good advise on what I need to do with my very ugly back yard to make it look a little descent. So now our Saturdays are spent slaving away in our yard. Maybe one day it will turn in to something we can be proud of.

Gloria and Makenna taking a rest from their hard work.

There have been alot of infected and dead roots that we have had to pull out of our gardens. This was part of a rose bush mixed with the start of an elm tree. I know I have some really exciting pictures!

Brett, proud of his hard work.


Jen told me how to do a square foot garden this year so I am trying it out. This is the very start of my garden. I'll post updates as my vegetables start growing. I am already seeing the cucumbers and pumpkins starting to pop up.

So this is right by our garage. Now I wish I had taken before and after pictures because the side of our garage was a dump. It was full of weeds and old wood. Then Gloria comes over and makes a garden out of it. We didn't even know we had a sidewalk there because it was covered with grass and weeds. But Gloria dug one up for us. I love my mother in law.

This is our back yard and Brett is cutting down all the ugly, infected trees. He did a great job.


We will still have a couple of weeks of cleaning up to do which will include a couple of trips to the dump.

1 comment:

Jen and Joel said...

Wow...what a lot of work. It will look great when you are done.