Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hard Working Man

So about a week before Christmas our washer broke down. Thank goodness we had bought a set the day after Thanksgiving. However, it was back ordered until February. So it was looking like I was going to be hauling our loads of clothes to the sketchty laundry mat for two months! I was not happy about this. Thank goodness, Jimmy offered to sell us his for the same price as the ones we bought. This made me so happy. I felt so bad for the boys unloading them in the snow that I had to take some pictures.








Brett had a couple days off during Christmas and it was great for the both of us to be home together for a while. However, I didn't get to see him that much because he was always working on something! If he wasn't outside shoveling, he was working in the basement. He did not get much of a vacation at all. I think he worked harder on his days off than when he was going to work. He was definitely ready to go back today. I am so grateful that he is such a hard worker. Since his brother Jimmy has been living in the basement he has been much more motivated to get the basement done. He put in a heater and a door. It seems like pretty simple tasks, but somehow both projects took about two days.






I know, not too interesting. But it makes a world of difference downstairs. I actually don't mind going down there now. Hopefully, soon we can make it a nice family room.





No comments: