Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brett and Steph Take a Trip to Europe

Another People to People trip! Brett and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Holland with People to People to work a sports program in Haarlem. We went last year as well but this year was much better. We had some time to go out and visit some places and eat their delicious cuisine. Haha. Iactually I could barley eat anything there but french fries. But we did have a lot of fun. We had one day off together where we went on a bike ride, went to a cheese factory and wooden shoe factory, went on a canal cruise, visited the Ann Frank House (actually just snuck in the gift shop to by Kyra a gift) and just tour down town Amsterdam for a while. I was a great day. The whole trip was pretty amazing. It is always good to expereince other people's cultures and it definitely always makes you appreciate what we have here in America! Here is Brett by the country side on our bike ride. This was tons of fun. These are the type of bikes that EVERYONE rides around there. Pretty styleish!

Just me one the bike.

This is me and Brett with a bunch of kids from a European team. They just joined our picture. This was at the athlete's disco. I know you are loving are bright orange shirts.


We got to go to the beach one day. We only spent about 15 minutes there, but it was fun. There were definitely a lot of girl with out tops on and guys in speedos.

This was at a little street market we went to towards the end of the trip. I got some pretty cute shoes and brett got a belt.

This was one of our first nights in Amersterdam. I was already craving American food. It was probably one of the best meals I had while I was there.


These are the wonderful girls that I worked with in the Parent Booth the whole time. We had a lot of good times in the booth listening to our Netherlands mix and playing Nutz, and occasionally there would be some parents come in to help. That's Jen Komski on the left and Marnae in the middle.


No comments: