Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh How Our Garden Grows

This was my first year growing a garden and I am very proud of my work. I really had no idea what I was doing, but there were some vegetables that turned out ok. I took this picture at the beginning of August, so the corn looks a lot different right now. But they are still not as big as they should be. I planted pumpkins, watermelon, corn, cucumbers, and lettuce. The cucumbers did really well, but the watermelons not so much.

This was the first pumpkin that started growing. I have about 6 more now that are coming in, but this is the biggest so far.
This is what it looked like at the beginning of the summer. I was just so excited that green stuff was actually popping out of the ground.

1 comment:

George and Teri said...

Hi Steph..Nice job on the garden. Veggies always taste better when you grown them youself.
Love Mom