Sunday, August 10, 2008

Steph Goes to the East Coast

At the beginning of the summer I got the privilege of going on a Student Leadership Summit through People to People (Brett's work). I got sent to Baltimore, Maryland and I had so much fun. We stayed at Johns Hopkins University and then we got to go on day trip to different places like D.C., Annapolis, Philidelphia, and the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. My favorite part of the trip was going to D.C. There were so many cool memorials and monuments to see. It was just too bad that we didn't have more time in the city. The program was really great though and I was grateful to be a part of it. It was really good to learn so much about the history of our country. Here are just a couple picture from some of the places we went.
These are some of the girls I got to work with while I was in Balitmore. It's Michele, me, Corrine, and Robyn. I had a lot of fun with them.

Me and Corrine infront of the Washington Monument
This is by the Vietnam Memorial. It was pretty amazing Too bad Abe's head was cut off in this pic.
We briefly got to see the White House. It's actually much smaller than you would think
These were all statues of guys that signed the declaration of Independence. It was actually kind of wierd because anywhere you would turn there would be a statue and you would think that it was real for a second. This was in Phili.


2 comments:

George and Teri said...

Steph...good job on your back round, it looks great.. You are becoming the expert blogger! love mom

Andy & Jen said...

whatever! you have a blog now & you didn't tell me! we are so not friends for the rest of the day (22 more minutes and counting til we are officially friends again!)