Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Start of our Summer


To celebrate the girls getting out of school, Brett and I decided to take them to Silver Mountain to play at the water park. (Really, Brett was excited about this because it meant that he could do some great mountain biking all day long). It was pretty fun, but I don't think it was worth the money. I think I would have had more fun if I wasn't pregnant and could do more. The girls had a great time though.

My cute husband after a day of mountain biking
Wow, I know my legs are so white you just might need to put on sunglasses for this one
Cute Kyra

I thought this was a really funny picture of Kenna





So my summer started on Friday. I have honestly been dreading this day because it is not like I am going back in two months. I am taking a year off. I am a little worried about how I am going to handle being a stay at home wife and mother.
During the summer, I am a big list person. I love making lists and checking things off as soon as I get them done. So here was my list for Friday:

  • Read my scriptures
  • Clean our room
  • Deep clean the bathroom
  • Break down boxes on our back porch (about 4 months worth)
  • Take pictures of things and put them on craigslist
  • Make cards for Brett and girls
  • Make Brett's father's day present
  • Appt to fix tire on car
  • Appt with the missionaries
  • Take Kyra to the Dr.
  • Take care of stuff for stake primary calling
  • Plan my Sunday school lesson
  • Shop for Brett for Father's Day
I love it when my day is filled with lists like this. I feel productive and like I am accomplishing so much. I am happy to say that I finished everything on my list, except for shopping for Brett. Now if I can just keep doing this every day I think I will be a pretty happy stay at home wife.

1 comment:

Amy Miller said...

Haha! Good luck Steph. It took me about 4 chaotic months to realize I was over-booking myself and not leaving enough time for Abbie. I'd get irritated when she needed attention because my list and house did too. Do yourself a favor and learn early - throw the list out and don't be disappointed when all you've done all day is play with the baby and nap - you'll be much happier. :)
I'm so excited for you!!!