Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Time Fun

There have been a lot of activities that have been going on this summer and I have been too busy to blog about them all. So I am doing one big blog about all of them!

Yay For Me!
Well I did it! I finally got a CONTINUING kindergarten position. This means that I dont ever have to interview for a job again. I don't ever have to worry about if I am going to have a job the following year. I don't ever have to teach in someone else's room again. I don't ever have to prepare for a classroom a week before school starts again. I am so excited. It is a full time job with two part time classrooms at Windsor Elementary. I just feel that Heavenly Father has blessed me so much in my life and knows what is best for me. I know that I wouldn't have get this if it wasn't for Him. The following picture is of me and my teaching friend Melissa and Rebecca. We went out to celebrate because Rebecca, who just graduated also got a job! Both of them a extremely amazing teachers and I am grateful that I got to work with them



Blasts from the Past
This summer I was able to get together with a couple friends from my single days and it was SO much fun. This is one of the best things about summer is having time to hang out with friends.


This is my friend Jen from my first year in college. We were next door neighbors in the dorms (for the one quarter I lived in them). We clicked right away. She is very religious as well so we were like the to naive girls in the dorm that stuck together. When we got together it was like we didn't miss a day apart. It was so much fun!


Of course one of my favorite people in the whole entire world...Sarah! She came back home for her nieces' blessing and it was so amazing to see her. I cant wait until the day you move back here Sarah!



Last is my life long best friend Jen (now Jen Martin but I still and probably always will refer to her as Jen Jolley). Jen, Beth, and I were roommates in college for about 4 years. I love these girls to death and I am so grateful for my friendship with them. Jen came up from California to run a 1/2 marathon (because she is amazing at working out and pushing herself to do cool things), so we decided to meet up and do a little boating. It was so much fun. I miss Jen so much and every time we get together it makes me miss the days when we lived in Sweet 8 and all the amazingly cool things that went on there.


Fun Wedding
The girls' aunt, who is also one of my friends, got married a couple weeks ago. Kyra and Makenna were in the wedding and they look absolutely adorable. Here are some pictures of how cute they looked.


This is Rebecca, who looked absolutely amazing, and our friend Melissa. We all worked together at Windsor last year. It was so great to work with them.
Does Kyra look way older than 12 to anyone else???? Yeah she looked fantastic and did a great job as a bride's maid. It is just amazing how much these girls are growing up.

Makenna with her cute flower girls cousins.



Grooving down to the music.

Silverwood

One day I was able to take the girls to Silverwood and we had so much fun. Makenna was with a friend that day so she didnt come, but Kyra brought a friend and my niece Madyson went with us. The girls had a lot of fun, even though it was kind of cloudy weather.


Kyra and Tessa

My niece Madyson




So there you go all the activities you all have miss out on. Just a quick update on my summer goals:

1. Organize and clean out basement...Done, and it looks AWESOME.
2. Exercise at least 5 times a week...I am doing pretty good, although there were weeks when I was a little lazier than others.
3. Deep clean every room of the house....Oops, not yet, but it will definitely get done before school starts.
4. Make Brett dinner at least three times a week....Barley making this one, but hey it's summer and we are hot and not in the mood to cook or eat, so I am fine with this.
5. Get very tan.....yes, and loving it! Some of my favorite days are just laying in the sun!
6. Focus on my calling more....Check, I feel very good about this since I probably won't be this good starting September.
7. Get a job........YES!!!!! Yay for me. I can't wait to be a kindergarten teacher again!

3 comments:

{ Missemmelle } said...

Congratulations on your teaching position! What a relief to finally have your own classroom :)

Andy & Jen said...

YAY for your new job!! YAY for us being life long friends...you know it!!! love ya : ) p.s. you look gorgeous as ever!

Kaylene Whitten said...

You are so awesome Steph!!! I'm so impressed you are finishing all your goals. Maybe it will inspire me! It is so fun to see all your pictures and you look great. Loved seeing the ones of you, Jen, and Beth. I miss you all!!