Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the Road Again

Brett and i just got back from a fabulous road trip to the mid-west. We went through 9 different states and saw some of Brett's old friends. The main reason for going down was to see some friends from Brett's mission. But my favorite part of the trip was all thr church history! Here are some collages of the different things we did.


The first stop we made was in Sterling, Illinois. Brett used to live in Illinois, so he had a couple friend there he wanted to see. They took us to Chicago, but we didn't have much time there. But we did get to go up the Sear's tower. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the TWO HOUR wait to get up there. But we did get some pretty good pictures.

Our next stop was Nauvoo, Illinois. This was absolutely amazing. We were there for the pagent that they do, and they really make you feel like you were in the time of the early Saints. We went to Carthage this day as well and that was probaby my favorite. All the missionaries there do such a great job of setting everything up spiritually before you learn anything. This was my favorite day of the trip.

After Nauvoo, we went over to St. Louis, Missouri to see a friend from Brett's mission. We were able to go see the famous Arch and visit the temple. It was fun to hang out with Brett's friend as well!
On our way home we stopped at Independence, Missouri to see the Visitor's center and Liberty, Missouri to see Liberty Jail. This was probably the most meaningful day. The spirit at Liberty Jail was so amazing. It really puts into perspective what Joseph went through for our gospel. I was amazed and overcome with gratitude for the sacrifices for the early Saints!
It was a great trip and I highly recommend to everyone to one day visit those sights.

5 comments:

George and Teri said...

great pictures Steph... cant wait to see you tomorrow. Loved the ones of Kyra too!

Jen and Joel said...

What a fun trip. I love road trips, but do not know how fun they would be with Ava right now. Maybe someday she will enjoy the car. I miss the road trips that we took together years ago. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

WoW! I thought driving to Utah was way far! It looks like a fun trip. We will have to get together sometime with Beth and go swimming!

Mindi said...

How fun! I loved going back to Josh's mission in New York...he was there during 9/11. He also served in Bermuda (it's apart of the mission), and so I've been back there with him, but I'm so jealous of all the historical places you've been. Too fun! Sad we were gone when you drove through Missoula, I should've been home to have a quick lunch for ya!

{ Missemmelle } said...

I'm so jealous! That would have been such a great trip. Love the pictures.