Friday, May 7, 2010

Our Sweet Annabelle


Our precious baby was finally able to go back to our Heavenly Father this past weekend. We think that she passed away Thursday, April 27. I delivered on Saturday, May 1st at 1:03 pm. She weighed 1 pound 11 oz and was 13.2 inches long. I was 34 weeks pregnants and the ultrasound tech said that she was measuring 24 weeks and 5 days. The docotor and nurses said that they have never seen everything go so smoothly. This was honestly the most amazing experience I have ever been through. As soon as she was delivered I felt so happy and peaceful. We are so grateful for all the blessings that came with this trial so we just wanted to share a few thoughts with you.
We feel so privileged and grateful to have been able to go through this experience with our daughter Annabelle. We truly feel as though we have been prepared for this for months through prayer to our Heavenly Father. We know that He is the reason we are able to deal with this so well. He has continued to give us strength and comfort from the first sign of something being wrong up to today. Something else that makes this experience less painful is knowing that we will be able to be with our daughter again. We do not look at this as a loss, rather a short delay to the happiness of being together one day. So many good things have come from something that seemed so devastating: we have received much love and support from friends and family; prayers, thoughts and service towards us has been an overwhelming blessing; and we get to see the good in all the people around us. We thank each and every one of you for giving us that blessing.
We know that Heavenly Father will not test us beyond that which we can handle. He knows us so very well. When we put our trust and faith in Him, He blesses us. We are grateful for the experience to grow closer to our Heavenly Father and to our friends and family.

Pic right before I went in at 34 weeks
Dr. Hardy talking with us afterwards (this was my fav. pic that was taken)
Right after they handed us Annabelle
The whole Fromm family
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mindi said...

Steph & Brett & girls...I just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. She is a beautiful baby, and you are right, this is just a short time before you can be with her again and raise her!

Jen and Joel said...

Steph...I love you so much. Your testimony is amazing and your faith beautiful. She is so lucky to have you and Brett for eternity.

Andy & Jen said...

You amaze me and inspire me to be better. You have always been such a wonderful example to me. I love you so much and I am so thankful for you. What a wonderful blessing to know you will be with your precious Annabelle again someday.
Love, Jen

Spakouskys said...

Steph...Just reading your post, I felt the Spirit cover me! My heart and prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything I can do...a meal, a Root Beer soda :-), or anything else, please let me know. The Lord is and will carry you through this.

George and Teri said...

Steph, I love your sweet testimony and your beautiful tribute to Annabelle. We love you and Brett so much and admire your strength. What a special gift you had and will have one day. We love Annabelle and will rejoice when we can see her again. Love you.

Kaylene Whitten said...

Steph- I've been thinking about you and your family a lot. As everyone has commented you are amazing!! I'm excited for the day when I can see you again and meet your family. It will be a great blessing when one day we can meet your precious little girl too! I love you and happy to know you are my friend.

Rachel said...

Steph, you are correct. What a wonderful experience you and your family had. I love being a member of the church because it makes trials so much easier to understand. I know you will see your little girl again. She will always be apart of your family. Don't forget to talk about her to others and have pictures of her in your home. I love you so being so strong.
Here are so really good scriptues/quotes that helped me. I know they are ture....

"I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way
and to bring you to the place that I have prepared."
Exodus 23:20


"I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of
accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven."
D&C 137:10

"May I say for the consolation of those who mourn,
and for the comfort and guidance of all of us,
that no righteous man is ever taken before his time.
In the case of the faithful saints,
they are simply transferred to other fields of labor."
Joseph Fielding Smith

nikki said...

Stephanie,

You don't know me. But I know Brett from several years ago. I stumbled upon your blog some time ago and read about your pregnancy. I wanted to tell you that I think you are an amazing woman and have handled this situation with grace and hope. You are a wonderful example to all those around you, most especially Brett and the girls. I am glad that he has you in his life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Nikki Kelly