Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Well, yesterday on March 9 I turned 25!!!! I know, pretty exciting. It was for me anyway. I think that birthdays are a really big deal. It is the one day of the year that you get to celebrate yourself and the day gets to be all about you. I think everyone needs that every once in a while. Unfortunately, I married someone who thinks that birthdays are just another day of the year, nothing special. Thank goodness he is such a good husband and likes to please me, even though I knows it kills him to make a big deal out of my birthday. I appreciate everything that he does to make me happy. So let me tell you about my fabulous birthday weekend. On Sunday night we got to go over to Coeur d' Alene to hang out with my family. This is what makes me happiest. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday. My parents gave me a bike for my birthday, which I love. I have wanted a bike for a while for a couple reason. In the summer time I would rather ride my bike around to do stuff than drive my car. Also, Makenna loves going on bike rides and when I go with her I have to ride Brett's. This will be nice because now we can go on family bike rides! So thank you mom and dad for the bike.
On Monday it was basically just another day of work. Except I did get a lot of birthday hugs from my little Kindergarteners. After work we went to Makenna's basketball game and then rushed over to dinner with my friends. It is always good to see my girlfiriends. I get so busy that I rarely get to see them any more, so I always enjoy the times we do get to spend together. Then we went up to Beth and Wes' house for cake and ice cream. They had quite the cake waiting for me. And of course to top off the night I went home with my husband and watched the latest episode of 24 (my new favorite show). Oh, and my wonderful husdand suprised me with a with a new pot and pan set from Costco. I know this doesn't sound to glamorous, but I can not tell you how happy it made me. They are so beautiful that I thought about putting pictures of them on, but then I thought that might bore people.
Anyway, it was a great couple of days of birthday celebrations. Thank you to everyone for celebrating with me!

Look at how handsome my husband is. I just love him so much and feel so fortunate to have him in my life. This was a Beth's house.

Ben where is your hand???? We were all waiting for cake and I guess Ben got bored.



Look at that beautiful cake. Beth and Wes won in at a cake auction, so it made for a good birthday cake.

My sweet sister. I love her so much. She is truly my best friend. This was at my aunts house on Sunday. Mor pics to come later.



My sweet nieces.

Cutting the cake at Beth's
I know I don't have a lot of pictures right now, but I will be posting more later.

4 comments:

Korrine said...

The cake is amazing! Happy Birthday to you! Alan turned 26 last year. I made such a huge deal about it and even called him old, but I forget that I am turning 25 this year!! oh man, I should be a little more humble next time. haha. Happy Birthday Girl. Im glad your day was great. You totally deserve it!

Jen and Joel said...

Steph - It was so good to see you on your birthday. I love, love, love hanging out with you. We need to make it a point to do it more often. I hope that you had a great birthday.
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Steph! The cake was way cute!

Mindi said...

Happy Birthday! I know Brett picked my brain for a few days as to what to do for you...my ideas were much too extreme for him (a surprise trip to Vegas, a hotel room, flowers, bubble bath...), but sounds like he did good. Don't feel bad about putting up pictures of your pots and pans, Josh got me a Wolfgang mixer for my birthday, and a dishwasher for Mother's day this year!