Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kitchen Renovation...

..Well kind of. We moved into this house last March and one of the reasons I loved it so much was because of the huge kitchen and bathroom. However, the kitchen was the ugliest color green you could possibly imagine. The cupboards and tile was all a dark green. And then for the walls and ceiling, it looked like they took some white paint and then mixed it with the green paint to make a very very light green color. So the kitchen was my first thing on my to do list to fix up the house. It has taken a little bit longer than expected, but I am finally making progress. It is amazing what a couple gallons of paint can do to a room. I figured it now looks good enough to show my friends on the blog. I still have a lot of little detail stuff to do, but I am just happy it is not dark green any more. And I am happy to say that I did this all on my own. Brett helped hammer in a couple of nails, but that was it. So we have practically all of the downstairs done. Now all that is left is our bedroom.

I am showing you the before pictures first:

There is Gloria (Brett's mom)



This is Pat (Brett's dad). These were taken in December, before Brett moved into the house.



Yes, I know we still do not have cupboard doors, but I have gotten used to it and actually like it now.











Well that is it. I still want to get new countertops but that is not going to happen for quite a while.

4 comments:

Jen and Joel said...

Steph, you did such a nice job. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Beth and Wes said...

WOW kitchen makeover!!! Steph you are awesome, it looks so good! I'm going to have to come over and see it!

Bev said...

Good work Steph!! It looks great! Wanna come and do my kitchen :)

Cheryl said...

Steph--you did a great job. It looks fantastic. You're just a suzy homemaker and am so proud of you. Can't wait to see it this weekend for your first family Thanksgiving dinner. Keep up the good work I love you-Aunt Cheryl