Monday, August 29, 2011

The Whole Story

I finally figured out how to get these pictures on my blog. So here is the story of my sweet Jaxon. I started having contractions around 9:00 Saturday morning. I didn't think much of it because I have had contractions like this before and they didn't last more than a couple of hours. But I decided to start keep track of how far apart they were. It started out about 10-15 minutes apart. Then they started getting more intense, so I called my friend Jen and asked if I should go to the hospital. She suggested I should. It was probably around 10:15 at this point. When I told Brett he got so excited. It was so fun to see him like this. He was jumping around all over the place and asking me what he should pack and what he needed to do. When I got up to get ready the contractions got really intense and were really close together. I could barley stand for more than two minutes. So finally we get in the car (which took forever because I couldn't walk very well) and went up to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital I felt like I was going to die! I just kept thinking, "Why didn't we come earlier?" I was so nervous that I wasn't going to be able to get an epidermal. But we make it to the front entrance and none is at the desk. I started to have a contraction, so I am laying on the floor by the front door screaming and moaning and Brett is running around trying to find a wheelchair. Finally a lady from the gift shop came out with one. So Brett puts me in it and takes me to the elevator and we get on then about 5 people start walking on as slowly as possible while I am sitting there screaming in the middle. Brett got so frustrated! He was like, " OK guys this is not a party, she is in labor here." But we finally got to the floor and in a room. The nurse was so great. She ordered an epidermal right away. She checked me and found that I was 5cm. So the epidermal guy came about 15 minutes later and I just remember saying the whole time "Thank you for being so fast," over and over. I could not have imagined going through that much pain for much longer! But he was so fast. It took him probably less than 5 minutes from start to finish and didn't hurt at all. After that the whole experience was AMAZING. I am so glad that I got to go into labor naturally and experience that. But I also wish that I would have known to go to the hospital a little earlier.

Soon after, Kim, Ben, my Aunt Cheryl, and Whitney came over. We just kind of hung out and talked for a while. The nurse came in around 4 :00 to check me and found that I was complete and ready to push. Dr. Hardy came in and had me push once but then decided to go do a C-section real fast. So then I really didn't start pushing until about 4:30. Dr. Hardy came in right around 5:00 and gave Brett some pretty specific directions on how to deliver. A couple pushes later Jaxon was out and doing well. It was pretty amazing and I was in disbelief for a while, but also felt so extremely happy.

Oh, some of you might be thinking, "Where were the girls when all this happened?" Well their lovely mother decided to plan a 4 day camping trip on the weekend that I was due. How convenient, huh!

Things at home have been amazing. I just love sitting and holding him and looking at him. I don't even mind waking up at night because i just get to look at him the whole time. I still am going to miss my job so incredibly much, but Jaxon makes it all worth it.

Taking pictures with my sisters and Aunt while waiting to deliver
In between pushing
Right afterwards

My amazing Dr. We love him so much
Proud dad. By the way, he was all about putting on a robe and cap. I don't think he really needed to, but he asked about it.
First family photo




5 comments:

sarah jean said...

I live him already!!!

Jen and Joel said...

Steph...that first family photo is so precious. I wish that I looked that good after delivery. You are so beautiful and make one amazing mother.

Chelsea said...

Congrats Steph. He is beautiful! I am so happy for you!

Christy said...

Oh I just love your pics and story and thanks so much for sharing! Had to laugh about your comment w/ Brett and the scrubs because when we had Hailey Tim was disappointed to learn that he didn't get to wear any- but he did because she was a csection later. I have pics of him getting his scrubs on and he was so excited to wear them!

The Treehouse said...

He is so precious Steph!!! Can't wait see him in person!!! Audrey keeps asking if she can hold him :) See you guys soon :) :) :) Méssia