Saturday, September 5, 2009

My New Job

So to say that I have been busy lately would be an understatement. Brett probably feels like he is married to a zombie right now because I will literally come home, take a bath, and go to bed. I forget how exhausting the beginning of school is. But I thought that I would post some photos of what I had to deal with when I was hired for this position. I took over for a lady who had been teaching for about 34 years, and I don't think she ever threw away anything! I walked into the room and had a little bit of a panic attach because I am a very organized person who likes open space. So you will get to see the transformation of my classroom!
Before





After



Sorry the last picture is kind of blurry. I had to get rid of a lot of stuff and my cupboards and drawers are still full to the brim. Anyway, hopefully my year will go well and I will love it just as much as I love Kindergarten!

4 comments:

Elyse said...

oh my gosh! I'm just like you and I think I would have freaked also. You did a great job cleaning out...your room looks SO much better! I hope you have a happy year!

Ben said...

yay steph. Congrats on your new jobby job

George and Teri said...

Steph, I love the new classroom, you did a great job organizing it and I know you are going to be a great teacher! For sure this year I will come and help out in the class and have lunch with you in the cafeteria!

Anonymous said...

Cute classroom! You did a lot of work fixing it up! Are you at a school here in Spokane? And I can't believe that you went to Hawaii, so fun! I am glad you are going to be on Dave's soccer team so I will get to see you!