Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer Work

Well some of you might be wondering, what in the world does Stephanie do during the summer time to keep herself busy? Don't you worry, because I made a summer list of things to do. Most of the items on this list included many things that I neglected to do during the school year because I was way too busy. But I had to share some of my favorite projects so far.



So when we moved into this wonderful old house, this piece of poorly put together book shelf came with it. As you can see they decided that they should line it with chicken coop wire for some reason. I thought that we would bring it to the dump immediately, but it ended up that we just kept putting more and more stuff in it. So I decided that if we were going to keep it there, I might as well make it look somewhat descent. I painted it and got rid of the wire. I like it much better.


Next was our HORRIBLY colored bedroom. I have hated this bedroom since the day I moved in. I don't know what the previous owners were thinking with the ceiling color and border. And believe me, these pictures do not even do this room justice to how utterly ugly it really is. I finally convinced Brett that we should paint it and I absolutely love my new room. It is so much more bright and refreshing. The after pictures are first on this one.
After



Before


4 comments:

George and Teri said...

Steph..I love the makeovers...nice job. Cute pictures of everything.

sarah jean said...

steph of my gosh i love all the crafty things you are doing and i wish i could be there to participate. the bookshelf is awesome and your bedroom looks beautiful. i cant wait to see it in person in a few weeks!!

Jen and Joel said...

Super cute...Do you want to come and paint my rooms???

Amy Miller said...

See, you're keeping plenty busy. I love what you did with both projects! Bravo on remembering our blog address.