Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teaching Moment

So I have to admit that this year of teaching has not been the best. Sometimes I feel that I am having a difficult time getting into the groove of teaching 1st grade. I think it is just because I miss kindergarten sssoooooo much. However, there are little moments throughout the day that make me so happy to be a teacher. I am going to tell you a story about one of these moments. I was bringing my kids down to get their lunch. A cute little kindergarten girl walks by my boys and tells one of them, "Get a chocolate milk for lunch." This boy says, "Ok, I will." I smiled at the boy and asked, "William, do you do everything girls tell you to do?" And he just says to me, "Yeah, that is what you are supposed to do." Then other boys in the front of the line chime in with comments like, "I always listen to what my girlfriend tells me to do," and, "I will always do what girls tell me to do." I just started laughing so hard. I couldn't believe all these little boys. I just told them to keep that in mind for when they get older! Being around kids is so much fun. Some of the things that come out of their mouths are amazing and it is fun to be a part of that every day.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

If only all boys kept that in mind and never forgot that what the woman wants, she should get!

Jen and Joel said...

You are a great teacher, and I bet you miss 1st grade after this year too. Hope that we can get together soon. I miss hanging out with everyone!